The Australian Junior Excellence Program (JX), recognises rewards and encourages junior swimmers who, through their development of aquatic skills and fitness, achieve a high standard of swimming excellence.
Under the program, swimmers aged from 9 to 13 years, who accomplish times set by Swimming Australia, qualify at Gold, Silver, Bronze or Green standard, depending on their best performance/s during the season.
For doing so, qualifiers receive special recognition by way of:
- A distinctive JX cap (9 and 10 year olds) or JX shirt (11 to 13 year olds)
- A JX certificate of achievement signed by the National Youth Coach and members of the Australian Swim Team
- A JX motivational poster featuring elite Australian swimmers
- Publication of their name on this website
- A USB with tips from Swimming experts for 11 to 13 year olds